Sunday, September 12, 2010

In my head....

So overall I had a pretty good week! I am slowly watching myself sit back and smell the roses and enjoying each day. It has been a long time since I have felt this way and I feel as though I have found myself again. I am in a good place in life and feel like I have put things into perspective in many avenues of my life.

I have decided that on my journey to a pro card I need to enjoy the process and memories and stop focusing on the light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes I spend so much time looking forward that I forget to look down. I have the best trainer and diet coach working with me. They want what is best for me and with their hand guiding me I can't go wrong.

In my career I have reached the end of my education...or have I? I decided that I need to continue to create yearly goals for myself and reach them, without them being evaluated by a boss, expected of me, and required. I have a huge gift that g-d gave me and I am lucky enough to use it daily. I get to not only educate and inspire young children but I get to work with students much like myself, who struggle to find their place in this world. Who are looked at as different, hard to handle, rebelious and not on the same level as their peers. Each day I hope these students leave my classroom feeling successful, loved, smart and motivated. Some days this job is draining, but once I reflect on it and look back, it amazes me how much I give of myself to my students every day.

So why the change you ask? Well....yoga has given me the chance to focus on the inside of me. I spend so much time focusing on how I am on the outside. It has built my self esteem and allowed me to express myself again. Something I lost due to past events in my life. Now that I understand what CAUSED me to lose my self esteem and develop these bad habits I am able to teach my mind how to overcome them. Sometimes it is funny how we create our own reality.

So I begin to embark on week 3 of no medication for ADD.....after being on it forever..............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.